Blog Freebies

Friday, August 30, 2013

I'm Excited To Begin A New School Year!

Our summer is winding down. For the past month we've been getting ready for the new school year. Gathering supplies, books, curriculum etc. We've also been organizing our home and schoolroom so everything is tidy and in it's place to begin the new school year. This week we even dragged out two of our area rugs to the drive and hand-scrubbed them clean! The girl's thought that was kinda fun, getting to roll around in soapy suds while cleaning those huge rugs.

By this weekend everything will be clean, organized and fresh. I've purged items we rarely or never use or have outgrown over the last six months. Needless to say our home and schoolroom is looking better and is more organized than ever. My biggest hurdle to concur will be keeping it that way.  I have to keep it that way so we don't lose precious time hunting for things. This year I won't be able to do that and I must be prepared and organized because I will be co-teaching with my daughter-in-law.

Our first day of school will be on labor day! Yes, while the rest of America has a holiday we will be starting our new school year. A few weeks ago my daughter-in-law and I got together to plan our year and what we wanted to cover. Our first unit in order for the rest of the year to flow as we wanted is going to be on oceans. We will learn about all the oceans of the world, where they are located, ocean life and more. Our youngest will be delighted because she is in love with dolphins. One of our ideas is to create a paper mache dolphin. That idea may be a bit industrious for us, but with five girls helping we just may get it done.

The girls are so excited they have been begging for weeks to start school. I love their excitement and eagerness to begin a new school year. Some of the reasons I am excited and know this is going to be a year of promise are as follows. I love that my daughter-in-law and I are best friends and we are just as excited as the girls are to share this year of learning adventures. We will be an encouragement and support for each other. Sharing the planning and implementing of our studies will be a big help. We love spending time together and the girls love each other. As I finish gathering things and organizing I just know this is going to be one of the best years ever, because I am going to be sharing my days with those I love while teaching the next generation of our family! Oh yes, it's going to be a great year! Below are just a few of the things we did over the summer.
                                      We celebrated our granddaughter Breanna's 10th birthday.
                                                We went to the zoo and rode the swan boats.
                          I reorganized our schoolroom with new polkadot bins. Love these bins!
                We found a wild cottontail in our house behind the front door! SURPRISE, SURPRISE!
                                  The girl's made daddy a Father's Day cake and decorated it.
     McLarin drew a hippo with chalk and got second place in our county fair! She was tickled pink!
   I had a birthday. I'm sure that three is suppose to be in front! tee hee Just don't look at my gray hair!
 On our way home from Oklahoma City one day we came upon all these bee hives sitting beside the road. It was such a strange sight I had to turn around and snap a picture! These are just a few of the many things we did this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment